314 Action is a new organization dedicated to scientific advocacy as well as recruiting, training and electing candidates with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) backgrounds to all levels of public office. In the November elections, 314 Action's scientists lead the charge to take back the House, with 9 wins for crucial House and Senate races. We raised over $5 million in the 2018 election cycle and are expanding our mid-range and major donor operations for the 2020 cycle. 314 Action was recently featured in the New York Times and HBO's Vice News Tonight recently covered our first cycle. For 2020, we led the effort to draft Mark Kelly for AZ's Senate race and are working to recruit other scientists at all levels.
For 2020, we're focused on recruiting scientists to run in 25 key Congressional districts across the country. We plan to raise $15-$20 million, and leverage our grassroots network of over 600,000 scientists and STEM advocates on behalf of our campaigns, while providing strategic and other support. 314 Action is currently seeking experienced Finance Directors willing to work with great candidates all across the country.
· Developing and implementing a finance plan with quarterly, monthly and weekly goals
· Developing, implementing, and managing a high dollar call-time program including prospecting potential donors and pledge follow up
· Planning and executing low and high dollar events
· Drafting campaign solicitations including emails, direct mail solicitations and thank you letters
· Assisting with compliance
· Candidate staffing
· Managing staff and interns as the campaign grows
· Candidates should have at least once cycle of finance experience on a Congressional or similar level campaign
· Knowledge of NGP, MS Excel and MS Word required
· Candidates should have a car
· Be willing to work long/irregular hours including nights and weekends